Callanan’s Bar is a destination in Cork for its ambience and character. Sitting on the junction of Mary Street and George’s Quay, the building was built circa 1760. It is a gable-fronted end of terrace, the river-facing building which has beautiful original decorative features. The building has been owned by the same family since 1935, where it has functioned as a bar on the ground floor and a family home on the upper floors. Key features of the building include a fabulous open string early Georgian staircase, an oculus window to the attic, a decorative filial to the gable, a shopfront from c. 1910 and two oval windows to the side elevations. Our role has been to undertake a series of conservation and renewal works for the building. Works are ongoing.